We understand that gas can be expensive, especially with the constant rise and fall of gas prices. While gas is necessary to get where you need to go, understanding ways that you can actually save yourself money on fuel can help relief some of the effect that gas has on your wallet.
The following suggestions can help you save money on fuel:
- Driving safer and smoother. If you are constantly hitting the gas pedal, slamming on your brakes, or driving fast - you are using up more fuel than needed. By adjusting your driving habits, such as driving at the speed limit and allowing yourself plenty of time to brake, you’ll end up using less gas and saving yourself some cash.
- Use the right fuel grade. Check your owner’s manual to make sure that your vehicle is getting the right grade of fuel at the pump. You may have been pumping premium in your car when you actually don’t need it.
- Lighten the load of your vehicle. Having a bunch of items in your cabin and trunk can cause excessive vehicle weight and actual ends up require more fuel to travel.
- Check your tires. Properly inflated tires will allow you to get the best fuel efficiency out of your vehicle as possible. Low inflated tires require more effort and fuel to accelerate your vehicle on the road.
- Stay current with your vehicle’s maintenance. A well maintained vehicle will run better and more efficiently. Be sure to have regular vehicle inspections and hit your factory recommended services when they are due.
We hope that these tips will help you save money on fuel this summer and throughout the years. If your vehicle has significantly decreased in fuel efficiency, there may be a different underlying problem with your vehicle. Don’t hesitate to give Plandome Service Center a call or stop by for service.