If it has been a while since your vehicle has been serviced, and your vehicle has over 30,000 miles on it, you may be due for a couple of maintenance items. The following maintenance items are typically ignored but are very important to the overall health of your vehicle. And to your surprise, you may need them now!
Maintenance is the best way to ensure that your vehicle lasts throughout the years without major or expensive trouble. If you don't take care of your vehicle, you risk engine damage, transmission problems, and other major repairs occurring and costly you hundreds to fix. By staying on top of the following maintenance items, you'll protect the integrity of your vehicle and your wallet.
- Coolant Exchange - coolant does not last forever, and even if your coolant is at the correct level, the corrosion inhibiting chemicals in the antifreeze wear out. This means that corrosion can begin to happen to the radiator, heater core, and other components of the cooling system.
- Transmission Fluid Exchange - Transmission fluid can oxide and break down over time, so it is recommended that the transmission fluid is exchanged every 50,000 miles or so.
- Brake Fluid Exchange - After several years of driving your vehicle, moisture begins to get into the brake fluid. The moisture affects the hydraulic pressure of the brakes and can also begin to corrode internal brake components.
- New Battery - batteries typically only last between to 5 years, so if it has been a while since your last battery was installed, it may be time for a new one.
- New Timing Belt - the timing belt typically lasts between 60,000 and 100,000 miles and will not last the lifetime of your vehicle. Changing the belt before it breaks is important because a broken belt can cause engine failure.
If you suspect that your vehicle may need any of the services listed above, bring your vehicle into the professionals here at Plandome Service Center or give us a call today!